How do I create a Desktop shortcut or icon to the Brentmark Portal on my Windows machine?
Follow these steps on your machine device to create a shortcut or icon on your Desktop.
- Download the URLShortcut.zip.
(You can also access this file through it’s individual FAQ post.)
- Once you have downloaded the file, go to your “Downloads” folder.
- Locate and double-click the file downloaded (URLShortcut.zip).
- Unzip to extract the file contents. There are 2 files, both need to be extracted for the shortcut to be created.
OPTION 1: (Preferred)
Select the “Extract All” button along the top toolbar.
OPTION 2: (May Not Be Supported On All Windows Versions)
Select “Extract All” on the secondary form that appears.
- Select the location destination for the extracted files.
Windows likely will give a location suggestion. This can be changed (if you so choose) by using the “Browse” button.
- Once you have chosen a file destination, click on “Extract”.
- Double click the “URLShortcut.bat” file.
* NOTE: This will run a Windows Batch file, that will create a shortcut to the login page, and will use the included “BrentmarkLogo.ico” file as the image. Windows may give you a warning that your machine is going to run a batch file.
If this happens, follow these steps:
- Select “More Info”.
- Select “Run Anyway”.
- A paused command shell (black screen with white text) will appear detailing that a shortcut was created.
The “Portal” icon and shortcut with the Brentmark “B” should now be on your desktop.
* NOTE: If the image icon or shortcut does not appear, restart your machine allowing Windows to correctly assign the image to the shortcut.