When I click on the AFR Table, a message appears that the AFR Rate Table is not available or is out of date. What can be the issue?
There are several reasons why you might see this message, and usually one of the following options resolves AFR display issues:
- Make sure you have a live internet connection
- At program startup, a threaded process is requested to our server to fetch the AFRDataPackage XML file that is used with several programs. It could be that the download, usually instantaneous, is still in progress by the time you clicked on a screen that uses the AFR information. If this is the case, waiting a few seconds usually renders the AFR table to display.
- The program requires that the current users has full read/write permissions to the location where the AFRDataPackage is downloaded. In most cases, this will be ProgramData\Brentmark\AFR. If the user does not have full permissions to this location, then the automatic download feature will not work, and you will need to manually move in the files once a month (usually posted around the 20th)
- Since the program interacts with files on our server, make sure your company firewall allows for “*.brentmark.com“. Most of the programs need to access brentmark.com and, in this case, a subdomain on ports 80 and 443.
- If none of the above resolve your issue, it’s likely that one of the data files that are downloaded (and then created) could be damaged. Navigate to ProgramData\Brentmark\AFR – there should be two files located here. a) AFR.xml b) AFRDataPackage.xml. In most cases, the timestamps should be the same – if they are not, then the AFRDataPackage.XML file did not create the AFR.xml for some reason. With the program not running, delete both of these files. After deletion, restart the program. At startup, the program should download and create the necessary files. You can also manually download the files by going to the ‘Edit’ menu -> AFR Rates -> Download AFR Data Package. If it’s successful, you should now have current rate table.